hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop security branch releases (was Hadoop 0.20.100)
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:54:26 GMT
Hi all,
   I've been doing a bit of travelling, but I'm back now. (Just buried in
email, even more than normal.) The general strategy is that the branch
(branch-0.20-security) has the current work on the branch. The releases off
of the security branch are labelled with numbers in the 200 range. We
originally planned on using the 100 range, but I'd like to bring it into
sync with the Yahoo numbering. (The intent was to reduce confusion. The
github push I did last summer, which was the basis for CDH3, was labelled
104. I really don't want inconsistent versions with the same number.) So the
megapatch that Arun pushed was 202. I'm in the last stages of fixing the
contrib unit tests for 203 and hope to be able to call a vote shortly. I
would expect a 204 release next month branching off of branch-0.20-security.

-- Owen