hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:32:04 GMT
> From the project split, subversion was able to track the history across the subversion
moves between projects, but not git.

> Four questions:
>  1. Is there anything we can do to minimize the history loss in git?

Glancing at the Git history on GitHub for Hadoop HDFS my guess is that
the mirror script is just pulling from $prefix/hdfs. I'm not entirely
certain how promiscuous it'll look for movements from elsewhere in the
svn repo for history outside the root URL.

If you're really wanting to make sure to keep the history in Git
intact my suggestion would be to setup a temporary svn server locally
and test our mirroring scripts against the commands you intend to run.

Paul Davis