hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: HADOOP-7106: Re-organize hadoop subversion layout
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:33:27 GMT
the other issue is when you create a branch, as you would need to update the SVN/mail configs
to add each branch independently.. unless you can do wildcard matching in the config files..
infra??? can you do this?

On Apr 20, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 08:00, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
>> After considering it this morning, I believe that the least disruptive move is to
leave common at the same url and merge hdfs and mapreduce back in:

>> $prefix/common/trunk/* -> $prefix/common/trunk/common/*
>> $prefix/hdfs/trunk -> $prefix/common/trunk/hdfs
>> $prefix/mapreduce/trunk -> $prefix/common/trunk/mapreduce
>
> This seems like adding an insult to injury by creating an artificial
> SVN layout and moving what deemed to be an unrelated components into
> common's namespace.
>
> The original proposal seems much more straight forward.
>
> Cos
>
>> This will preserve the hashes and history for common (and the 20 branches). We'll
still need to play git voodoo to get git history for hdfs and mapreduce, but it is far better
than starting a brand new git clone.

--
Ian Holsman
Ian@Holsman.net

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?”
 – Albert Einstein