hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Maintenance of Hadoop 0.21 branch?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:41:35 GMT
Hi all,

Some recent discussion on HDFS-1786 has raised an interesting question: does
anyone plan on maintaining the 0.21 branch and eventually releasing an
0.21.1? Should we bother to commit bug fixes to this branch?

It seems to me that our time would be better spent getting 0.22 and trunk
back to a green state so we can talk about releasing them, rather than
applying patches to a branch with no releases planned.

Of course a decision now doesn't preclude anyone from stepping up later,
backporting patches to 0.21, and releasing an 0.21.1.

Thanks
-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon