hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Sonar - http://analysis.apache.org/ does anyone want hadoop in there?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 16:06:23 GMT
Hi Ian.

yes, Sonar needs to have a pom'ed project. In case of an ant build
such a pom can be created to 'wrap' around build.xml and is usually
quite simple to manufacture. I have done it in the past for some HDFS
experiments without much of a hassle.

Here's the example:
  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Analyse+with+Maven
in "Analyze projects which are not built with Maven" section.

There's one more caveat though: handling of unit tests reports. It can
be done with some new features Sonar has. See here:
  http://www.sonarsource.org/tag/ant/

I can quickly provide a working fixture to add say HDFS into Sonar as
a starter. Pl. let me know where it needs to be put (perhaps a JIRA
with a patch would do to?).

Thanks for looking into this,
  Cos

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 06:10, Ian Holsman <hadoop@holsman.net> wrote:
> Hi Cos.
> apparently they can't build from ant in the current version.
> I'll need to have a look at it.. they sent me some info.
>
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>
>> Ian,
>>
>> Sonar was around for a while and Apache has this setup since late
>> 2009, I believe.  I had asked  INFRA folks on a few occasions about
>> adding Hadoop repos to their installation, but never heard anything
>> back.
>>
>> I'd be awesome if you can talk to the right people so it'd happen eventually.
>> --
>>   Thanks in advance,
>> Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 05:59, Ian Holsman <ian@holsman.net> wrote:
>>> I just discovered this Apache site,
>>> Apache Sonar performs source code analysis on the java code, and it looks pretty,
and I'm sure some people would find it useful.

>>> If people are interested I can start putting finding out how to put the hadoop
code in there, so we can get stats on our own code.