hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Greg Roelofs <roel...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop-Mapreduce-trunk-Commit - Build # 621 - Still Failing
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 01:06:16 GMT
[general@ moved to Bcc; this seems like a pure dev issue now.]

Todd Lipcon wrote:

> It looks like something automated must be rming the settings.xml file.
> Maybe one of our builds has an "rm -Rf ~/.m2" in it or something?

(probably "rm -rf")

> Or put it in the spot in ~/.m2 but with permissions set to make it
> harder to remove?

I don't believe there's any combination of owner/perms that would protect
it against "rm -rf" while still allowing the creation of the repository/
dir in there.  Possibly the sticky bit or something similar (I think one
of them prevents deletion of another user's files even if the directory
has appropriate write-permissions), but I'm not sure even that would work.

If the hypothetical "rm -rf" can be found, perhaps simply changing it to
nuke only ~/.m2/repository would suffice?  Or does settings.xml live below
that?

Restoring it as one of the first steps of a Hudson build is probably the
best approach, though (especially if it's restored from svn or somewhere
with change-history).

Greg