hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:59:00 GMT

At our last meeting we had a great turnout for Chris Cooper's talk on Avro!

The next CHUG meeting will be a departure from our normal routine. Instead of having a speaker,
we're meeting at Jefferson Tap (upstairs) in a more informal 'networking' session.

There is no set agenda and the meeting is a way for people to ask others questions about what
they are doing or how to do things in the Hadoop environment. (Pig, Hive, EC2, HBase schema
design, hardware choices, misc scripts, etc...)

So if you're in Chicago and didn't know that we had a meetup group, now's the time to come
downtown and meet your fellow Hadoopers. :-)

For more information check out our meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-area-Hadoop-User-Group-CHUG/#calendar

Please join the group and RSVP so I can get some sort of a head count.

Thx

-Mike

PS. For those who aren't in Chicago, you're really missing out on some beautiful weather.
If you're planning a trip to Chicago, check out our meeting dates and times.