hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Milind Bhandarkar <mbhandar...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: DRAFT: Giving credit where it is due - how we would like to be acknowledged page
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 02:10:15 GMT
Hey Ian,

is it okay to tweet with #hadoop hashtag or should it be #apachehadoop ?

- milind

On Feb 24, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> Hey guys.
>
> I'd like to create a link on hadoop.apache.org which describes how we (Apache Hadoop)
would like to be recognized by the vendors & applications that make use of our software.

> I'm not a wordsmith, and would naturally appreciate your feedback on
> a) should we do this
> b) what it should say
>
> here is my initial stab at it.
> --
>
> Apache Hadoop powers hundreds of sites, and the ecosystem of applications and vendors
that the hadoop platform supports.

> If you are part of that ecosystem, we don't ask for license fees or that you give us
a free lunch when we are in your neck of the woods
> but we would appreciate that when you do reference us, that you reference us properly.
>
> We have a page describing our trademark policy here - http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/,
and if you are holding event about Apache Hadoop, you might want to look at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events.html.

---
Milind Bhandarkar