hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: pdf design documents
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:09:25 GMT
FYI, Owen's design doc for HADOOP-6255 is also available in xml format in the proposed patch.
 I think as long as there is a mean to edit/revise the design doc, it should be fine right?

Regards,
Eric

On 2/18/11 10:39 AM, "Doug Cutting" <cutting@apache.org> wrote:

On 02/18/2011 09:48 AM, Mahadev Konar wrote:
> I am unsure why this is being discussed on general.

I feel this is an issue of general interest and wanted to find out how
others felt about it, not just those following those two particular
issues.  Over the years, on several projects, I've expressed my
preference that project documents be posted in open, editable formats.
I don't recall this being discussed on Hadoop, but, if it has, it's been
a while and seems to have been forgotten, so I thought I'd raise it as
an issue of general policy so that we can all come to some agreement on
this.

Doug