hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Papaioannou <to...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Yahoo focusing on Apache Hadoop, discontinuing "The Yahoo Distribution of Hadoop"
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 22:02:51 GMT
Yes. We have been and continue to be firm believers in Apache and the value of Open Source
software, as you can see from our track record to date of contributing heavily to Hadoop and
donating Pig, ZooKeeper, Avro, etc. We are excited about their potential and we hope others
will find them useful too.

ToddP

On 1/31/11 7:44 PM, "Jeff Hammerbacher" <hammer@cloudera.com<mailto:hammer@cloudera.com>>