hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:11:38 GMT

On Feb 18, 2011, at 2:11 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> I don't know how many Y-employees are working on H internally. Only
> the contributors can sort that out.

	Did Carol Bartz run over your puppy or something?  You don't appear to realize that pretty
much all the major companies that house the major committers are doing essentially the same
thing:  work on a major feature patch with their internal teams then offer up the patch mostly
complete, having dealt with all of the minor nits on the way due to having field tested it
for real.   The patches still get discussed before getting committed.  In some cases, this
has resulted in either the patch getting rejected/not committed or reworked.

	I sometimes wonder if the people who troll the team realize that Hadoop is essentially a
distributed, networked operating system.  That requires a higher level of quality control
than a simple framework.