hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "M. C. Srivas" <mcsri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abandon fuse-dfs HDFS contrib
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:59:00 GMT
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Nigel Daley <ndaley@mac.com> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 9:22 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Nigel Daley <ndaley@mac.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I think the PMC should abandon the fuse-dfs HDFS contrib component.
>  It's
> >> last meaningful contribution was March 2010:
> >>

> > I think we should hold on to this one until there is a reasonable
> > replacement. -1
>
> If a reasonable replacement was developed elsewhere, would you change your
> vote?  I believe some folks were interested in developing this elsewhere.

Looks like lot of folks are using the current one, so why not wait until new
one is submitted (and it works)?

Just because there are bugs against fuse-dfs that haven't been fixed in a
while doesn't make it useless. There are bugs open against Hadoop that
haven't been worked on for a long time either.