hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Shvachko <shv.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:21:57 GMT
hdfsproxy is a wrapper around hftpFileSystem (in its current state).
So you can always replace hdfsproxy with hftpFileSystem.
Also it uses pure FileSystem api, so it can successfully be maintained
outside of hdfs.

Therefore I am +1 removing it from hdfs/contrib.

What is the use case for hdfsproxy anyways?
Thanks,
--Konstantin