hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abandon mrunit MapReduce contrib
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:48:03 GMT
On Feb 11, 2011, at 8:02 AM, Eric Sammer wrote:

> - allow mrunit to have its own release cycle. This is, I think, the
> most

> important.

If you submit your work to Apache we can evaluate it for inclusion in
the 0.20.100 branch to get your changes released in a timely manner.

> I would actually prefer to move it to Extras or Incubator and leave
> this
> within the ASF.

Extras is **NOT** inside of the ASF. Extras is a source hosting system
for non-Apache projects that are related to Apache projects.

> Right now, I picked github because of the ability to easily
> collaborate with others (and to use git).

I agree that it is unfortunate that Apache doesn't yet support read-
write git access. However, you'll find that building a community is
easier at Apache than at github.

-- Owen