hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:28:06 GMT
Well put Allen.

My thinking is to move this API into HDFS removing the need for HDFS proxy. Then you can use
the http proxy of your choice if you have needs for a proxy (we do this for external bandwidth
management, security and ip space preservation reasons).

I'm +1 for removing it.

We can always revive the project in extras if the API changes hit a wall.

---
E14 - via iPhone