hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <had...@holsman.net>
Subject DRAFT: Giving credit where it is due - how we would like to be acknowledged page
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:10:23 GMT
Hey guys.

I'd like to create a link on hadoop.apache.org which describes how we (Apache Hadoop) would
like to be recognized by the vendors & applications that make use of our software.

I'm not a wordsmith, and would naturally appreciate your feedback on
a) should we do this
b) what it should say

here is my initial stab at it.
--

Apache Hadoop powers hundreds of sites, and the ecosystem of applications and vendors that
the hadoop platform supports.

If you are part of that ecosystem, we don't ask for license fees or that you give us a free
lunch when we are in your neck of the woods
but we would appreciate that when you do reference us, that you reference us properly.

We have a page describing our trademark policy here - http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/,
and if you are holding event about Apache Hadoop, you might want to look at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events.html.