hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Abandon failmon Common contrib
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:40:41 GMT
On 09/02/11 17:18, Nigel Daley wrote:
> I think the PMC should abandon the failmon common contrib component.  It's last meaningful
contribution was it's original commit in August of 2008:

> HADOOP-3585. FailMon package for hardware failure monitoring and analysis of anomalies.
(Ioannis Koltsidas via dhruba)

> Here is my +1.
>
> Nige

=0

I'm not sure that apache-extras is the right place. I'd more interested
in putting it to the apache attic and making sure that the svn to git
bridge works for them, so anyone who wants to fork it can do it by
typing git clone

* keeps the code under the ASF, makes it easier to go live
* makes it easier for anyone with commit rights to pull in the source
and work with it
* if someone wants to take it live, they will do it within apache, and
so feed back into the code base.

we have an attic, so let's move it there.