hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Brian Bockelman <bbock...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: Abandon fuse-dfs HDFS contrib
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:15:37 GMT
(Sorry, I apparently wasn't subscribed to general@hadoop... so this response is going to muck
up your email client's threading)

We use fuse-dfs heavily at approximately 10 sites for the LHC; at least 3 of them at the >1
petabyte level to deliver multiple terabytes of data per day.

However, as things have tended to be pretty stable in Hadoop-land, we tend to lag significantly
in versions, and I haven't noticed the JIRA issues pile up.

I volunteer to attempt to "tidy up house" in this contrib, propose the vote be tabled for
2 months to allow me time for sufficient progress.  If I haven't been able to fix 18 lousy
bugs by then, then I suppose I deserve what I get ;).

Brian