hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Build/test infrastructure
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 03:55:16 GMT
Looking at re-occurring build/test-patch problems on hadoop? build machines I
thought of a way to make them:
  a) all the same (configuration, installed software wise)
  b) have an effortless system to run upgrades/updates on all of them in a
  controlled fashion.

I would suggest to create Puppet configs (the exact content to be defined)
which we'll be checked in SCM (e.g. SVN), Whenever a build host's software
is needed to be restored/updated a simple run of Puppet across the machines
or change in config and run of Puppet will do the magic for us.

If there are no objections from the community I can put together some
Puppet recipes which might be evolved as we go.

--
Take care,
	Cos

After all, it is only the mediocre who are always at their best.
		 Jean Giraudoux