hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 21:10:59 GMT

On Jan 11, 2011, at 9:09 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> I'm open to suggestions - how about something like 20.100 to show
> that it's a big jump? Anything else?

Although I'm not wild about any of the potential release names, this
patch set is neither a subset or superset of the 0.21 or 0.22
branches. Given that, I think that a new major release number makes
the most sense. It is also relatively likely that additional minor
releases will be made off of this branch while 0.22 is stabilizing.
We've talked about declaring 0.20 a 1.0 for a long time and this feels
like backing into the decision, but technically, I believe it to be
the right name for such a release.

Thoughts?

-- Owen