hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject triggering automated precommit testing
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:33:55 GMT
> Jakob Homan commented on HDFS-884:
> ----------------------------------
>
>> Konstantin, if you're trying to kick a new patch build for this you no longer move
it to "Open" and back to "Patch Available". Instead, you must upload a new patch. Or, if you
have permission, you can kickhttps://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/ and
enter the issue number.

> That makes me sad.  Is this a new feature or regression?

[For everyone's benefit, moving this to general@]

Jakob, I referenced the change here: http://tinyurl.com/4crxlvy
The new system is much more robust partial because it no longer relies on watching Jira generated
emails to determined when issues move into Patch Available state. There is limited info I
can get from the Jira API, thus the triggering mechanism had to change.

Cheers,
Nige