hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 05:57:30 GMT

On Jan 17, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Jeff Hammerbacher wrote:

>> Apache Hadoop hasn't had a stable, updated release in a while.
> That's what 0.22 is for?

Every single Hadoop release in the recent past, and I have worked on
pretty much every single Hadoop release since forever, has taken at
least 3-4 months to stabilize.

So, we are, at a minimum looking at June, 2011, for 0.22.

This could be a good intermediate release, no? This need not be the
only one either, please work on 20.append or 20.append+security and
release it, I fully support it.

IAC, would calling this release something other than 0.20.* be ok?

View raw message