hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop-common-trunk-Commit is failing since 01/19/2011
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:31:23 GMT
Hey Konstantin,

The only build breakage I saw from HADOOP-6904 is MAPREDUCE-2290,
which was fixed.  Trees from trunk are compiling against each other
for me (eg each installed to a local maven repo), perhaps the upstream
maven repo hasn't been updated with the latest bits yet.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
<shv.hadoop@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sending this to general to attract urgent attention.
> Both HDFS and MapReduce are not compiling since
> HADOOP-6904 and its hdfs and MP counterparts were committed.
> The problem is not with this patch as described below, but I think those
> commits should be reversed if Common integration build cannot be
> restored promptly.
> Thanks,
> --Konstantin
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
> <shv.hadoop@gmail.com>wrote:
>> I see Hadoop-common-trunk-Commit is failing and not sending any emails.
>> It times out on native compilation and aborts.
>> Therefore changes are not integrated, and now it lead to hdfs and mapreduce
>> both not compiling.
>> Can somebody please take a look at this.
>> The last few lines of the build are below.
>> Thanks
>> --Konstantin
>>     [javah] [Loaded /grid/0/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit/trunk/build/classes/org/apache/hadoop/security/JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.class]
>>     [javah] [Loaded /homes/hudson/tools/java/jdk1.6.0_11-32/jre/lib/rt.jar(java/lang/Object.class)]
>>     [javah] [Forcefully writing file /grid/0/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit/trunk/build/native/Linux-i386-32/src/org/apache/hadoop/security/org_apache_hadoop_security_JniBasedUnixGroupsNetgroupMapping.h]
>>      [exec] checking for gcc... gcc
>>      [exec] checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>>      [exec] checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
>>      [exec] checking for suffix of executables...
>> Build timed out. Aborting
>> Build was aborted
>> [FINDBUGS] Skipping publisher since build result is ABORTED
>> Publishing Javadoc
>> Archiving artifacts
>> Recording test results
>> No test report files were found. Configuration error?
>> Recording fingerprints
>>      [exec] Terminated
>> Publishing Clover coverage report...
>> No Clover report will be published due to a Build Failure
>> No emails were triggered.
>> Finished: ABORTED

View raw message