hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: email lists: too many or not enough?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 05:51:34 GMT
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 21:23, Eric Baldeschwieler <eric14@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> I'd love to have a list that covers most of what is on general (big topics on governance,
etc), but does not have usage questions on it.  I'd suggest creating a new list for that
and letting general become a general questions list.

That what common-user@ is for.

> On Jan 10, 2011, at 6:55 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:
>
>> This project has a lot of email lists [*] -- but I feel we're either missing 1 or
2 lists or we have too many.  Given all our lists, it's not clear which one we should use
to talk about cross project dev issues and cross project community/policy issues.  general@
has perhaps become a catch all list with user, dev, and community issues inter-mixed.  Is
that what we want?  Should we create more lists to break out these topics?  Live with the
current inter-mingling? Or consolidate some lists?