hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move common, hdfs, mapreduce contrib components to apache-extras.org or elsewhere
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:41:08 GMT
I agree with Owen. If we move code out of the contrib project, then it is
more likely to create confusion among users, especially when multiple
versions of the code base float around.

But I agree that we should purge contrib code that is not being used or not
being actively developed.

thanks,
dhruba