hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Charles Gonçalves <charles...@gmail.com>
Subject Manage a cluster where not all machines are always available
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 01:07:54 GMT
Hi Guys,

I'm running a series of pig scripts in a cluster with a dozen of machines.
The problem is that those machines belongs to a lab in my University and
sometimes not all them are available for my use.
What is the best approach to manage the configuration and the data on hdfs
on this enviroment?

Can I simply remove the busy servers from the slaves file and start the hdfs
and mapred  and if needed perform a :
hadoop balancer

Can you see a problem in this approach ?
Can anyone see another way!?

--
*Charles Ferreira Gonçalves *
http://homepages.dcc.ufmg.br/~charles/