hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:04:35 GMT
Hi Arun, all,

When we merged YDH and CDH for CDH3b3, we went through the effort of
"linearizing" all of the YDH patches and squashing multiple commits into
single ones corresponding to a single JIRA where possible. So, we have a
100% linear set of patches that applies on top of the 0.20.2 source tree and
includes Yahoo 0.20.100.3 as well as almost all the patches from 0.20-append
and a number of other backports.

Since this could be applied as a linear set of patches instead of a big
lump, would there be interest in using this as the 0.20.>100 Apache release?
I can take the time to remove any patches that are cloudera specific or not
yet applied upstream.

Thanks
-Todd

--