hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:02:41 GMT
+1 on 0.20.x   (where x is a J > 3)

Nigel - could we make all the patches in this branch that have not
been committed up stream (that need to be) blockers for 22?   This way
22 is not a regression against 0.20.x.

Thanks,
Eli

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Nigel Daley <ndaley@mac.com> wrote:
> +1 for 0.20.x, where x >= 100.  I agree that the 1.0 moniker would involve more discussion.
>
> Will this be a jumbo patch attached to a Jira and then committed to the branch?  Just
curious.

> Cheers,
> Nige
>

> On Jan 12, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>
>> I'm willing to discuss any and all options, for a very short period.
>>
>> Technically you have a reasonable point, Doug has suggested this in the past too.
If everyone agrees, fine; if not, I'm do not want hung up on a release number. I just *do
not* want a controversy.

>> As I mentioned, I'm looking to finish this up in a couple of weeks; so, I could do
without a long discussion on the on the critical path.

>> I'm happy to go with a reasonable compromise, if not, hadoop-0.20.100 is what I'm
priming for.

>> Heck, if Stack wants to call the append release (not sure how far ahead he is) as
hadoop-0.20.100, I'm willing to call this hadoop-0.20.200.

>> All I care about is having a distinct release number from 0.20.2 (our last stable
release). Again, I just want to get a release into the hands of our users. Please, let's resolve
this quickly. Please.