hadoop-general mailing list archives

From li ping <li.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop datanote question
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:39:32 GMT
I think you must misunderstanding the architecture.
I believe the "master node" that you talk about is actually a NameNode, the
client must talk with NameNode. the namenode will check if the file that you
try to write existed or not. if the file doesn't exist, NN will create a
record in NN and return a DFSOutputSteam. the data will be writed in this
OutputStream. The DFSOutputStream will handle which datanode the data will
be writed to.

So, the only entry point is the NameNode. you can not connect to the other
node to write the file.

--
-----李平