hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Shvachko <shv.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:12:08 GMT
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Ian Holsman <hadoop@holsman.net> wrote:

> I think Roy's suggestion of applying the commits individually to the branch
> from your current working branch would help with this.

I am sure this is not what Roy suggested. Ian. I think the idea is simple.
If you decide to donate to a non-profit organization you are free to choose
the form of your donation.
There is a tradeoff between its usability to the community and the effort
Softwareput into making it such.
The community can evaluate the quality of the donation and decide on how to
consume it.

Also, this is different from the 0.20-append discussion, imo, as it doesn't
require additional
community resources. I can see many of them are dedicated to building 0.22
as we speak.

Thanks,
--Konstantin