hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop-common-trunk-Commit is failing since 01/19/2011
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:11:18 GMT
By manually installing a new core jar into the cache, I can compile
trunk.  Looks like we just need to kick a new Core into maven.  Are
there instructions somewhere for committers to do this?  I know Nigel
and Owen know how, but I don't know if the knowledge is diffused past
them.
-Jakob

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
<shv.hadoop@gmail.com> wrote:
> Current trunk for HDFS and MapReduce are not compiling at the moment. Try to
> build trunk.
> This is the result of that changes to common api introduced by HADOOP-6904
> are not promoted to HDFS and MR trunks.
> HDFS-1335 and MAPREDUCE-2263 depend on these changes.
>
> Common is not promoted to HDFS and MR because Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit
> build is broken. See here.
> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/G-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit/
>
> As I see the last successful build was on 01/19, which integrated
> HADOOP-6864.
> I think this is when JNI changes were introduced, which cannot be digested
> by Hudson since then.
>
> Anybody with gcc active could you please verify if the problem is caused by
> HADOOP-6864.
>
> Thanks,
> --Konstantin
>
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@maprtech.com> wrote:
>
>> The has been a problem with more than one build failing (Mahout is the one
>> that I saw first) due to a change in maven version which meant that the
>> clover license isn't being found properly.  At least, that is the tale I
>> heard from infra.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Eli Collins <eli@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hey Konstantin,
>> >
>> > The only build breakage I saw from HADOOP-6904 is MAPREDUCE-2290,
>> > which was fixed.  Trees from trunk are compiling against each other
>> > for me (eg each installed to a local maven repo), perhaps the upstream
>> > maven repo hasn't been updated with the latest bits yet.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Eli

>> those

>> emails.
>> > mapreduce

>> /grid/0/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit/trunk/build/classes/org/apache/hadoop/security/JniBasedUnixGroupsMapping.class]

>> /homes/hudson/tools/java/jdk1.6.0_11-32/jre/lib/rt.jar(java/lang/Object.class)]
>> >
>> /grid/0/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Hadoop-Common-trunk-Commit/trunk/build/native/Linux-i386-32/src/org/apache/hadoop/security/org_apache_hadoop_security_JniBasedUnixGroupsNetgroupMapping.h]

a.out