hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: email lists: too many or not enough?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 05:23:29 GMT
I'd love to have a list that covers most of what is on general (big topics on governance, etc),
but does not have usage questions on it.  I'd suggest creating a new list for that and letting
general become a general questions list.

On Jan 10, 2011, at 6:55 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> This project has a lot of email lists [*] -- but I feel we're either missing 1 or 2 lists
or we have too many.  Given all our lists, it's not clear which one we should use to talk
about cross project dev issues and cross project community/policy issues.  general@ has perhaps
become a catch all list with user, dev, and community issues inter-mixed.  Is that what we
want?  Should we create more lists to break out these topics?  Live with the current inter-mingling?
Or consolidate some lists?