hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <had...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 07:49:05 GMT
That's what scares me, and highlights one of the points I made before.

If someone wants to just use the capacity scheduling improvements, and not other parts, they
will find it hard. I think Roy's suggestion of applying the commits individually to the branch
from your current working branch would help with this.

regards
Ian

On Jan 19, 2011, at 1:22 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:

> Sounds like you are agreeing with me in your own way Allen ;-)
>
> We're getting > 2x better throughput and stability from the capacity scheduler in
this branch.  I'd love to get you feedback on that.

> The more nodes and users in your deployment, the more improvements you will see.
>
> ---
> E14 - via iPhone
>
> On Jan 18, 2011, at 11:10 AM, "Allen Wittenauer" <awittenauer@linkedin.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 17, 2011, at 2:56 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>>>
>>> Right now you don't have the choice of an Apache release if you are looking for
a stabilized modern version of Hadoop.

>>   Can we ratchet down the hyperbole to at least a point where I don't want to vomit?
Thanks.

>>   [For the record, some of us quite like our stable, almost-a-year Apache Hadoop
0.20.2 w/3 patches installations, thankyouverymuch.  (Those patches are for portability and
capacity scheduler fixes, since the one in 0.20.2 is completely useless.)]