hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:56:05 GMT
+1 for 0.20.x, where x >= 100.  I agree that the 1.0 moniker would involve more discussion.

Will this be a jumbo patch attached to a Jira and then committed to the branch?  Just curious.

Cheers,
Nige

On Jan 12, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> I'm willing to discuss any and all options, for a very short period.
>
> Technically you have a reasonable point, Doug has suggested this in the past too. If
everyone agrees, fine; if not, I'm do not want hung up on a release number. I just *do not*
want a controversy.

> As I mentioned, I'm looking to finish this up in a couple of weeks; so, I could do without
a long discussion on the on the critical path.

> I'm happy to go with a reasonable compromise, if not, hadoop-0.20.100 is what I'm priming
for.

> Heck, if Stack wants to call the append release (not sure how far ahead he is) as hadoop-0.20.100,
I'm willing to call this hadoop-0.20.200.

> All I care about is having a distinct release number from 0.20.2 (our last stable release).
Again, I just want to get a release into the hands of our users. Please, let's resolve this
quickly. Please.