hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Grandl Robert <rgra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ease of development in Hadoop
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:58:13 GMT
Hi all,

I want to make some minor modifications in FairShare scheduler and recompile it such that
to use it as before. Is there an easy way to do it without spending much time on recompiling
everything or without errors ?

I read here http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment but I did not manage to really
compile. However, I want only to make some slightly changes on the scheduler and rerun with
my modifications.

Also I saw some test directories for each scheduler. So another question follows: how I can
test only the scheduler with that tests or others made by me without running all Hadoop platform.

It is also possible to simulate machines locally such that recompiling and deploying the code
to not take so much time ? My working scenario has 30 nodes. It is
 really necessary whenever I recompile the scheduler to resubmit the code on the nodes or
I can somehow simulate locally the nodes and make faster the process of development ?

Thank you very much for any help,
Robert