hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:21:46 GMT

On Jan 17, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> On 01/12/2011 11:07 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>> Thus, I think a jumbo patch should suffice. It will also ensure this can
>> done quickly so that the community can then concentrate on 0.22 and beyond.
>>
>> However, I will (manually) ensure all relevant jiras are referenced in
>> the CHANGES.txt and Release Notes for folks to see the contents of the
>> release. This is the hardest part of the exercise. Also, this ensures
>> that we can track these jiras for 0.22 as Eli suggested.
>>
>> Does that seem like a reasonable way forward? I'm happy to brainstorm.
>
> We would not release this until each change in it has been reviewed by the community,
right?  Otherwise we may end up with changes in a 0.20 release that don't get approved when
they're contributed to trunk and cause trunk to regress.  So I don't yet see the point of
committing the mega patch since the community needs to review each individual change anyway,
so we might wait until each is reviewed to commit it.

Unless this is a code-only drop into a branch w/ no formal Apache release.  If that's the
case then I'm +1 on letting them commit in this way this one time so we can all move on to
0.22.

Nige