hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:10:26 GMT
On Jan 17, 2011, at 2:56 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:

>  Right now you don't have the choice of an Apache release if you are looking for a stabilized
modern version of Hadoop.

	Can we ratchet down the hyperbole to at least a point where I don't want to vomit? Thanks.

	[For the record, some of us quite like our stable, almost-a-year Apache Hadoop 0.20.2 w/3
patches installations, thankyouverymuch.  (Those patches are for portability and capacity
scheduler fixes, since the one in 0.20.2 is completely useless.)]