hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 21:34:41 GMT
I'm willing to discuss any and all options, for a very short period.

Technically you have a reasonable point, Doug has suggested this in
the past too. If everyone agrees, fine; if not, I'm do not want hung
up on a release number. I just *do not* want a controversy.

As I mentioned, I'm looking to finish this up in a couple of weeks;
so, I could do without a long discussion on the on the critical path.

I'm happy to go with a reasonable compromise, if not, hadoop-0.20.100
is what I'm priming for.

Heck, if Stack wants to call the append release (not sure how far
ahead he is) as hadoop-0.20.100, I'm willing to call this
hadoop-0.20.200.

All I care about is having a distinct release number from 0.20.2 (our
last stable release). Again, I just want to get a release into the
hands of our users. Please, let's resolve this quickly. Please.

Arun