hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:22:09 GMT
Sounds like you are agreeing with me in your own way Allen ;-)

We're getting > 2x better throughput and stability from the capacity scheduler in this
branch.  I'd love to get you feedback on that.

The more nodes and users in your deployment, the more improvements you will see.

---
E14 - via iPhone

On Jan 18, 2011, at 11:10 AM, "Allen Wittenauer" <awittenauer@linkedin.com> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2011, at 2:56 PM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>>
>> Right now you don't have the choice of an Apache release if you are looking for a
stabilized modern version of Hadoop.

>    Can we ratchet down the hyperbole to at least a point where I don't want to vomit?
Thanks.

>    [For the record, some of us quite like our stable, almost-a-year Apache Hadoop 0.20.2
w/3 patches installations, thankyouverymuch.  (Those patches are for portability and capacity
scheduler fixes, since the one in 0.20.2 is completely useless.)]