hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject Re: Test instance of Gerrit?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:05:53 GMT
Owen O'Malley:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
>
> Now my question is, whether there's some interest from developers to give
>
> > Gerrit a try? In this case, I'd setup a private toy instance and import
> > your
> > project.
>
> I'll give it a try. Could you import hadoop common, hdfs, and mapreduce?
>
> -- Owen
Hi Owen,

The gerrit instance is running on http://koch.ro:8080
Projects imported are ZooKeeper and Hadoop-(common|hdfs|mapreduce).
Since Gerrit is a Patch review system, you don't "see" anything about the
projects but only get a list of patches waiting for review.

You can upload a patch like

git push ssh://koch.ro:29418/PROJECT/NAME \
LOCAL_REF:refs/for/DESTINATION-BRANCH/OPTIONAL-TAG

I used:
git push ssh://koch.ro:29418/zookeeper/zookeeper \
ZOOKEEPER-823_on_tlp:refs/for/trunk/ZOOKEEPER-823

you may want to use sth. like:

git push ssh://koch.ro:29418/hadoop/mapreduce \
MY_BRANCH:refs/for/trunk

The project names are
hadoop/common, hadoop/hdfs and hadoop/mapreduce.

I'm available on Freenode as thkoch at CET working hours.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro