hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 07:26:00 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 1:59 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> IAC, I agree - we've spent too much time talking and too little doing
> actual work. Let me get the job done and folks can then weigh-in on
> the release at later point, folks might be willing to consider this
> more positively once they see the  branch, the change-log etc.
>
> Of course we need to get the small number of remaining patches into
> trunk asap for 0.22 and beyond.

FYI - I've merged changes to Common's branch-0.20-security (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20-security

).

Some statistics:
# Total of 441 jiras are covered across Common (164), HDFS (90) and
Map-Reduce (187).
# 413 jiras out of the 441 are already committed to trunk.
# 28 open jiras: Common (6), HDFS (1), Map-Reduce (21).
# Of the 28 open jiras 7 are Patch Available.
# I've ensured all commits have a jira - I had to open 3 jiras (one
each in all sub-projects), they are included in the above stats.

Arun