hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ken Walker <Ken_Wal...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:43:47 GMT

Not sure what state this issue is in, would be nice for 0.22

I don't see it in the lists below.  It's a bit of a blocker running on
non-Sun (Oracle) JREs.

 Ken (K.N.)                                  2670 Queensview
 Walker                                     Drive

 J9 Java                                     Ottawa, Ontario K2B
 Class                                      8K1
 Libraries
 Lead

 Java                                        Canada
 Technology
 Centre

 IBM
 Software
 Group

 Phone:     +1-613-356-5021

 e-mail:    ken_walker@ca.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Nigel Daley <ndaley@mac.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |general@hadoop.apache.org

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |2010/12/21 02:26 PM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release

I think it's important we get more frequent releases back on track, so I'll
volunteer to do it.  Its been a while since I was the release manager so
I'll need help.

Looks like in Jira we currently have:
  26 MR blockers: http://tinyurl.com/23s5vzg
  17 HDFS blockers: http://tinyurl.com/27w82vl
  6 HADOOP blockers: http://tinyurl.com/2bmycl2
Now that we are past feature freeze (i.e. branch creation), not all of
these are truly blockers.  I'll start cleaning up the list and ping folks
after the holidays.

Cheers,
Nige

On Dec 16, 2010, at 3:10 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
>
>>> Everyone who has discussed this patch has said it isn't critical to
hadoop, and It's holding up everything else 0.22 is going to bring.

>> I disagree that it isn't critical to Hadoop, but I'm not holding up
0.22. I'm just not volunteering to spend my time working on it, if it
doesn't have the features that I think it needs.