hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Deepika Khera <Deepika.Kh...@avg.com>
Subject distcp fails with ConnectException
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:50:30 GMT
I am trying to run distcp between 2  hdfs clusters and I am getting a ConnectException .

The Command I am trying to run is of the form (considering clusters hadoop-A & hadoop-B):

./hadoop distcp -update hdfs://hadoop-A:8020/dira/part-r-00000 hdfs://hadoop-B:8020/dirb/

and I am running it on the destination cluster (hadoop-B).

The stacktrace for the exception is :

Copy failed: java.net.ConnectException: Call to hadoop-A/10.0.173.11:8020 failed on connection
exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:767)
        at $Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:359)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:113)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:214)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:177)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSystem.java:82)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1378)

I have tried ping and ssh in between these clusters and it is working fine. On both clusters
namenode is running as the same user.

The strange part is if I try the command on a single cluster (both source & destination
are on same DFS-  so its a simple copy), it still fails with the same exception. So I mean
I run the command below on cluster A.

./hadoop distcp -update hdfs://hadoop-A:8020/dir1/part-r-00000 hdfs://hadoop-A:8020/dir2/

Is there anything else I need to have to get the distcp working?  Any hints on what I could
check will be helpful.

Thanks,
Deepika