hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
Date Sat, 25 Dec 2010 06:41:13 GMT
I have a feeling we are thinking too much here.

The reality is that the Hadoop community was in favor of porting append (fixes?) back to a
branch based off hadoop-0.20 a while ago (Dhruba proposed the branch).

I see no reason we can't release it now, under a reasonable release name.

As Stack and Ryan have pointed out, we have severely hampered HBase so far. It behooves us
to facilitate users of the entire stack to easily access Apache releases. Plus, Stack and
co. are volunteering their own time (thanks!).

Arun

Sent from my iPhone