hadoop-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Konstantin Shvachko <shv.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:34:21 GMT
Owen, Doug, Tom

Could you please formulate and reply to this email separately
     what would be an *ACCEPTABLE *resolution of
     HADOOP-6685 for *YOU *to move *0.22* forward.
Just trying to get something to work with to get us beyond the stagnation
point.

It could be "I want this patch in/out as is, final answer". Then we are
stuck.
But at least we will know there is no resolution to hope for anymore.
And we have to find other ways based on that fact.

It could be a zero-option plan - remove dependencies both for Avro and
ProtocolBuffers out into libraries, similar to schedulers.
Or something else.
Let's see if there is any common ground. If there is
we can further talk about implementation and in the mean time declare
the 0.22 freeze contingent on the completion of H-6685.

Thanks,
--Konstantin


On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Ian Holsman <hadoop@holsman.net> wrote:

>
> On Dec 17, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
>
> >> Everyone who has discussed this patch has said it isn't critical to
> hadoop, and It's holding up everything else 0.22 is going to bring.
> >
> > I disagree that it isn't critical to Hadoop, but I'm not holding up 0.22.
> I'm just not volunteering to spend my time working on it, if it doesn't have
> the features that I think it needs.
> >
> > -- Owen
> >
>
> That's a fair point.. and this is a volunteer effort.
> Do we have anybody else who is willing to be the release manager for 22
> with 6685?
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message