hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:31:38 GMT
Calling it something other than Hadoop would avoid confusing users
(and HBase could then release bug fixes, etc. on its own schedule),
but from how it's been described: this is acknowledging the reality of
the situation, not proposing something radical.

HBase can be backed by the HBase FooFS and HDFS. If the former can be
retired as a legacy platform that'd be ideal, but Hadoop will have to
earn it. -C