hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "M. C. Srivas" <mcsri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:33:08 GMT
[ Sorry if this is be-laboring the obvious ]

There are two append solutions floating around, and they are incompatible
with each other. Thus, the two "branches" will forever remain incompatible
with each other, regardless of how they are numbered (0.22,  0.23,  0.20.3,
e.t.c.)

Unless both are merged into one branch, and a switch provided to  "use
HDFS-200 append" or "use 0.22 append", we have effectively split Hadoop into
two.