hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:00:29 GMT

On Dec 16, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> While it may be critical, I still don't understand why we couldn't
> release without it, and carry on the discussion.
> Putting so much emphasis and pressure on this issue is unwarranted.

It took months to stabilize 0.21 and it took a lot of Tom's time.
H-6685 is important to me and needs to be addressed to move the
project forward.

> Everyone who has discussed this patch has said it isn't critical to
> hadoop, and It's holding up everything else 0.22 is going to bring.

I disagree that it isn't critical to Hadoop, but I'm not holding up
0.22. I'm just not volunteering to spend my time working on it, if it
doesn't have the features that I think it needs.

-- Owen