hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <had...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 00:05:57 GMT
Hi St.Ack.

In general I'm opposed to such a thing.

There are already 5 Hadoop 20.x releases out there, I don't think there is a need for another.
(personal opinion, not a veto or speaking as the chair)

Is there a reason why we couldn't create a hadoop 0.20.3 release that has this patch inside
of it, as well as other fixes that have been applied since 0.20.2 (~26 patches)? Would this
be too much effort for you to RM?..

I understand there is a large QA effort you would be taking on if you do.

does the Append/Sync semantics break/deviate too much from 0.20.2 ?

I really don't want to come to a^h^h^h^hget out of the situation where we have multiple releases
of 0.20 each with a unique feature.