hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:24:57 GMT
I think it's important we get more frequent releases back on track, so I'll volunteer to do
it.  Its been a while since I was the release manager so I'll need help.

Looks like in Jira we currently have:
  26 MR blockers: http://tinyurl.com/23s5vzg
  17 HDFS blockers: http://tinyurl.com/27w82vl
  6 HADOOP blockers: http://tinyurl.com/2bmycl2
Now that we are past feature freeze (i.e. branch creation), not all of these are truly blockers.
 I'll start cleaning up the list and ping folks after the holidays.

Cheers,
Nige

On Dec 16, 2010, at 3:10 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
>
>>> Everyone who has discussed this patch has said it isn't critical to hadoop, and
It's holding up everything else 0.22 is going to bring.

>> I disagree that it isn't critical to Hadoop, but I'm not holding up 0.22. I'm just
not volunteering to spend my time working on it, if it doesn't have the features that I think
it needs.